Monday, July 28, 2014
Monday, November 18, 2013
Friday, September 17, 2010
The poem is an analogy between months and friends. Here it goes:
For all the months that God gave,
Each its flavor, each its taste.
Each its story, each its memory.
Like necklace beads, beautiful life they make.
Just like two strangers, just met.
are the months Jan and Feb.
The wind is cold and the winter long.
For warmth and human touch, they both long.
The ice breaks, and spring is March and April.
Flowers bloom, just like their friendship.
Closer and Closer they both get and
Their joy, like fragrance also spreads.
The summer is hot, like their passion.
In May and June, into love, friendship blossoms.
Like dry earth waits for water.
Lovers, separated wait for their destiny.
Then the Rains come and wash away their fears.
The Freedom months, July and August are now near.
Heavens give their blessing with raindrops.
A smile is there, where there was a teardrop.
Like seasons, Life also has its flip flops.
Autumn only comes when spring and rains are gone.
As man and wife, together all hardships they face.
Removing differences, closer they both become.
The two who had just met in Jan,
Now have seen it and won it all.
The festival season, Nov and Dec is their celebration song.
Unlike Jan and Feb, this winter is different.
Each other's company, is their New Year present.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
This poem is the Story of a girl who after years of darkness, ultimately finds light and the road to fulfill her destiny. The poem has been written in alternate stanzas of English and Hindi.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
There are levels in a relationship from the time when you meet someone to the time when you start liking that person and to the point when you can not live without that person. Liking can be based on physical attraction or it can be gradual based on liking of nature, personality or inner beauty. The more you spend time with a person, the more you start appreciating the qualities of that person. Compatibility leads to friendship and friendship leads to love. Or it can happen the other way round, love at first sight is what you call it, the initial attraction itself results in love. You just want to be with that person.
But is love just a realization of the other person's physical or even inner beauty? Do they lead to love or does love make one beautiful, both from outside and inside?
Further, is love a desire? Is love an attraction? Is love a compatibility? Is love wanting to spend your life with the person? Love is all of these and much more. The pinnacle of love is a point which I call the "Kaise mujhe tum mil gaye" moment. Its a realization which is humbling. Its a moment when you think what good you have done in your life to just spend a moment with the other person. Its a feeling which make makes you want to sing...
Rim jhim malhar ho gayi
Mujhe aata nahi
Kismat pe apni yakeen
Kaise mujhko mil gayi tum"
Jaise chaand utarta hai kabhi.
Haule haule, Dheere se.
Gunguni dhoop ki tarah se,
Tarannum mein tum...
Chhoo ke mujhe, Guzri ho yun,
Dekhun tumhe, Ya main sunu..."
Notice how Aamir Khan, as he walks though chauffeur driven limousines to his own personal jet with an army of assistants following him, holds on to the small bundle of notes which Asin had given him. He knows the emotional value that Asin had for that ambassador and thus realizes the value of the money which Asin had given him.
They were in love till then, but this was the "Kaise mujhe tum mil gaye" moment when Aamir realizes how much this girl loves him. He is humbled and feels how much more lucky could he have been to be loved so much by a person.
Tum ho junoon
Kyun pehle na...Aayi tum.
Kaise mujhe tum mil gayi.
Kismat pe aaye na yakeen..."
"Main to ye sochta tha,
Ki aaj kal...
Uparwaale ko fursat nahi.
Phir bhi tumhe banake woh,
Meri nazar mein chadh gaya
Rutbe mein wo, Aur badh gaya.."
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Life changed from happy to:
I was lucky here, to have some really special friends which helped me come out of the whole thing and focus on my placement week preparations.
Then the placement week preparations started and most of Christmas was spent reading up the economic meltdown.
a) Self-Motivation :-(
b) More Self Motivation...this time through a song :-( :-(
c) Then it turned into a plea by new year..
e) Finally to over confidence, hours before the week started...
(talk about attitude ;-) )
This last status just after my placement, reflected the feeling:
Friday, March 20, 2009
Vishnu did not want to say good bye...
Neha was sentimental...that explains the touching good bye mail she sent to the group..
Manoj remembered his friends...
and Saikat gave parting a touching, musical twist...ya...These "Seasons in the Sun" will be long cherished and remembered....
Coming to HR, Bhasin was confused...hota hai...
and Shailesh Jha was looking for go back or move on quickly....
but Sid J was just sad...
It took Prashant to quantify the achievement...
and Ashutosh Modi to put it in perspective...
What about Sid Saxena...he just knows something very precious is slipping away...and he can't do anything about it... :-(
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
and then...one fine day...a time comes to recollect...to remember..to rejoice...to cry....sometimes you just don't want to move on....you would want time to stay....life's always like that...a set of moving images with no pause button...and then you just don't want to stay in that place...where every thing reminds you...of the time, the image, the moment...which just wouldn't stay!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Best of Gtalk Status Messages
(MBA inspired, Micro Blogging at its Best! :D)
I know there has been no post on confessions for some time. There are a couple of poems written somewhere in my 4th trimester note book and there is an idea of a post inspired by an amazing thought shared by one of our marketing faculty teachers in his last class. But, alas...till I and those poems and that "amazing thought" find a common time to get together in the form of a couple of posts, I am posting some of my favorite gtalk status messages. Stages come in life when you pass through the entire rainbow of emotions, in the same day. The MBA only further accentuates the whole “feeling” thing. Hoping some of these gtalk statuses capture what is going on around here.
· Connect the dots forward, you see hope...connect them backward, you see destiny...
· It’s said that happiness is along the way, not at the end of the road. Once you realize that, the journey itself becomes the destination.
· Life is a string of pearls....pearls made of moments and people....some of the pearls so precious...you would just want to treasure them forever and feel lucky and blessed you found them....
· Apart from the ones whom you really love and care about, letting other people become a source of your unhappiness is giving too much importance to those people. They deserve not time, but indifference.
· The Abhimanyu Dilemma: You know the ways in...but you can’t find the wayz out!
· The problem with life is, you get things and you want more...and as we get things the expectations increase...the satisfaction is never there because already the expectations reach a higher level....and that’s true both for material things and more so for relationships...
· Looking back, life is just some moments...moments u just cant forget...some people who touch u...people whose just being in your life changed the whole meaning of it...those moments u cant forget....those people you would alwayz remember...these are the essence of life...some v.special friends and some v.special moments....
· Life gives you seemingly unrelated parts...you got to join them to see the real picture which life is trying to give and also to realize the importance of each part in the overall scheme of things.
· A woman has facets and dimensions to her that a man can just never have. The more you try to know them, the more you realize there’s so much more to know...and learn...
· What’s the difference between Take-Out and take-Home? The difference between Bipasha and Deepika!
· As my CGPA is a depreciating asset (liability!), a put option on that would work best!
· The Indian constitution gives us 7 rights; the Rights Issue is certainly not one of them!
· Love is like a high risk, high return stock, but without the hedging option, the possibilities of getting hurt are always there…
· CB: Studying Brand Switching Q1) Is there any guy better than your present boy friend? Q2) So, which parameters can be classified as barriers which don’t let you "switch" to the better guy?? Q3) Rate them on a Likert scale? :D
(For the non MBA types: CB is Consumer Behavior)
· My childhood dream was to sell soap...but I would settle for selling washing powders and shampoos as well ;)
· For a marketer, TETRA packs seem much more exciting than 6 PACKS :D
· I now have "strategic intent", but my "strategic plans" keep facing changing "external environments” :D
They say life starts after 25, but that would happen if we get out of this place, alive!