Leaving home…off to Mysore

Living in hostel does not imply leaving home, especially when home is a two hour bus journey away. Having the option of going back to home sweet home on any day makes hostel just an extension of the home, where you have to stay for certain periods of the week. Thats why despite living in the hostel of DCE, the feeling of leaving home was never there, home as I said was a bus journey or better still a local call away.

But going to Mysore for my job training is a different matter altogether. Mysore means having the option of coming back only once every few months, that too by expensive flights or torturous trains. Mysore means expensive calls back home. Mysore means being on my own.

It is at times like these that the what-to-do and what-not-to-do advices start pouring in from friends and family. Everyone now is your self appointed advisor and councilor. In fact a list of things to be taken was prepared by my aunt, who after seeing that even with only two weeks to go, I still had not started on my leaving preparations, forced me to sit with her and jot down a list of things to be taken. Most of these, ranging from suitcases to towels, have now thankfully being bought.

Another factor involved with going to a different place is almost whomsoever you meet tells you that he/she knows someone there or even 200km from there, who can help you out whenever you need anything. Either they are all being kind or they expect me to run into trouble as soon as I reach there.

It has been not even a month since college ended, and time has now come to wish home, family and friends goodbye. Ya, leaving is tough, but Mysore excites me somehow. Things are waiting for me, and I have to take them.

As Bob Marley said,

My feet is my only carriage,
So Ive got to push on through.

Also, quoting a few lines from a song from the Top Gun soundtrack,

I don't know how or where
But I'm goin' it's all that I have left
Never took this road before - destination unknown
Gotta go it alone- destination unknown

Yes, the destination is Mysore. But where it takes me is for destiny to reveal and me to look forward to. Its also a stepping stone for greater things to come, things I should work for and goals I should to strive to achieve. That’s my Destination Unknown.

Adios Delhi. I will be back…

Comments

Shishir said…
sid cool post...and i know how ur feling..but man...start of a new chapter a new life and as u say infy mein macha diyo...best of luck and have a grt life
Sid Saxena said…
hey...thanks a ton for the wishes...n yes...machana is compulsary...dat goes 4 u too at tcs...;-)

Popular posts from this blog

"Months of Life"

Roads gone by...