For my sis...

You fight with them. You tease them. You hate them. You cant live with them. You cant live without them. Well, I always say(actually this is the first time), that as God couldn't be everywhere so he made mothers. And as each of us could have only one mother, so he made sisters.hahaha.bad joke.

Well, though I dont have any real sisters, I have more than my fair share of very sweet(and irritating!)cousin sisters. One of them, who is two years younger than me, is now staying in Delhi, away from her parents, for her studies. Its about her that I am going to talk of today.

One of the earliest recollections, I have of her, are those walks back and to Dilli Haat, from my home, when we were very young. For a journey which is only 15 min walking, got converted to atleast double that. There was me, my younger brother and my sis, taking the longer routes to home and playing all those silly games. Just thinking about them, brings back a whole lot of memories.

Also, when she came to our house in her vacations, we used to play all those pranks among ourselfs and on the by now suspecting people in our colony. I mean, blank calls and prank calls(missed callls n sms did not exist then), were the most innocent of our mischiefs. Looking back at those moments, I realize that those were among the most precious ones, of my growing up days atleast.

From the nostalgic past, to the wonderful present and also looking forward to our futures, there are a hundred things that I can write about her and about us. Among the most touching one was when she was staying with me at our home and her class 10 results were due to come. We were checking the net since midnight and when the result came finally at 2 am, only we two were awake. Unexpectedly, atleast for me, she did not have a very good result. Then after staying quite for a few minutes, she started crying and very badly at that. I tried somehow to console her, but from what I remember, with all my stupid arguments, she did not seem to be convinced. Eventually, somehow, I made her goto sleep. Though I still sometimes tease her about how much she cried that night, and she the biggest of liars, denies that this ever happened at all, looking back, I remember feeling very very bad and helpless at that time. Bad because she was my sis and I loved her very much and helpless because, there was nothing I could do at that moment to make her happy.

Moving to other things, shes one person to whom I tell everything, well, almost everything! Shes the only one in the family who knows that I have had drinks in college. She was the first person to know(by 5 sec) that I did not make it in my MBA interview. On hearing this, she immediately offered to do group study with me(C2D) when I give the CAT in 06 and also to visit me in Mysore, where I have have to go for my job training.hahaha.In that respects, shes more a friend sometimes, than just a sister.

Finally, on a sweeter note, as the age difference between us is only 2 years, I never force her, or better she never cares to call me bhaiya or bhai or something similar. She calls me by my name, and its better that ways. But sometimes(i mean 1 in 100), when she is somehow happy with me,
(mostly shes irritated,hahaha!!!), then all of a sudden she calls me bhai. That I think, or would rather like to think, comes more dil se then if I had forced her to call me that ways. It is at these moments, that I wish to be able to do anything for her. Even her college assignment, waking up upto 3 in the night. I hope sis, you are not reading dis part!

Even though she stays in Delhi now, we both have become a bit busy with our colleges and MBA classes. Somtimes, actually most times, I miss all those moments spent back then and somehow hope that, we should never have grown up and had stayed forever in that dreamy world, with not a care for the present or the future. Fantasies, such as these,however, are not made to be true.

Well, somehow sis, I would not want you to read this, but for the 1% chance that you will, heres telling you, that I love you very very much, that I am sorry for all the times(yes, there have been many), when I have knowingly or unknowingly hurt you, anf finally that I wish you all the success and happiness that you have ever wanted in life. On that note, heres signing off,
your bhai,
cheeku.

Comments

Shishir said…
sid ..a great article in a sense that we all sometimes forget ppl close to us makes so much difference and sometimes its so important to express what u feel
Shreshth said…
Cheeku bhaiya macha diya!! really nice one...these sisters...nice cute little creatures they are!!

Popular posts from this blog

"Months of Life"

Roads gone by...